The 80's- What a Decade!!!

The 80's- What a Decade!!!
The 80's!-- What a Decade

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Earthy? No Thank You.

I recently went up to Boulder, Colorado with my coaching staff and our baseball team. We played a tournament up there. Got out of the Vegas heat and out of the zoo that is Las Vegas. This was our third trip up there and it's always fun. I enjoy the mountains and I enjoy the weather but the people of Boulder always make me laugh. I call them "Earthy". I don't want to make a generalization so I'll say many people in Boulder are "Earthy" not all of them. Anyway, many of them don't wash their hair or wear shoes. Many of them ride bikes and drink tea. Showers seem to be a once a week thing. I also saw a few women with hairy armpits. To each their own I suppose. It's just not for me. I am not earthy. It's just not me. I do like long hair but not dread locks. I will wear Birkenstocks just don't tell me wife. But I won't go bare foot. If I was a girl I'd shave my pits. I will be the first to admit I do not recycle. I also drive a car that is bad for the environment. I don't buy recycled products unless it's by mistake. I have nothing against being globally concerned for our planet but it's not something I worry about. Sorry. I also don't like nature much. I've never been to the Grand Canyon and I don't like hiking. Picnics? Ummm, no. Camping? Sure, as long as it's at my parent's cabin (A/C and a flat screen). Fishing? Sure, just make sure I have enough beer. I live 3 miles from Red Rock Canyon. I've been there once. I don't know why I'm not into the outdoors. I just don't like spending my free time being outside. I think it's because I coach baseball. I'm outside ALL the time and when I do have free time I don't want to spend my time outside. I guess that's why. I'd rather read a book indoors. In any case I appreciate all the earth conscious people out there. I really do. And I'm sorry for not recycling and I'm sorry I don't drive an electric car. I wish you the best in saving Mother Earth.

1 comment:

  1. Went to Boulder for a running camp my senior year. I've never smelt so much pot on a run nor seen as many guitar toting 'earthy' people since.

    ReplyDelete