The 80's- What a Decade!!!

The 80's- What a Decade!!!
The 80's!-- What a Decade

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

American Food...

How come whenever it is you ask someone what their favorite food is the last response (if you've ever even got the response) is American Food. If you ask someone, "Hey, what's your favorite food?" They'll say... "Oh, I love Mexican food, or Chinese, or Italian food." You'll very rarely-if ever- hear someone say "I love American food! Hell yeah! Get me burgers, dogs, pizza (don't tell me it's italian because it's not anymore), wings, and a milkshake to wash it down. Hallelujah for American food!" Yeah, you'll never hear that.

I wonder if you were in Italy and were to ask a local what their favorite food is, what the response would be.

(My broken italian)- "Mi scusci locale, uh, what's your favorite mangiare?" Italian guy- "American food e il mio preferito ! Now, go to the McDonald's on Linguini Ave. and get the McRib. It's to die for. You'll love it! L'amore si!!!

So, yeah, I wonder why American food isn't more often given as an answer to the 'ol favorite food question. Burgers, Steaks, Wings, BBQ, fries, pizza, hot dogs are all american food really. And they all are unhealthy, but that's another blog. Obviously, Americans love these things because there's a kabillion places that serve these items. Yet, nobody wants to admit that American Food is their favorite OR they're not sure what someone might say if the response is- "American food is my favorite!"

My favorite? Chinese/Asian food.


Not Panda.

No comments:

Post a Comment