The 80's- What a Decade!!!

The 80's- What a Decade!!!
The 80's!-- What a Decade

Friday, October 1, 2010

I'm Busy

Its been a while since I last blogged. I'd say I was busy but that's such a lame excuse. Isn't it? That's got to be the #1 excuse in the United States of America.

Hey Jim, where were you the other night? Oh sorry, I was busy.

Hey Shannon, can you make it to my house to go over the blah blah...

Oh, I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy.

Tony, what's up, I haven't seen you in so long...

Sorry bro, I've been busy.

Ok, so were all busy. Everyone in America is busy. We have very little free time because we're so busy. And if were not that busy were going to use that as an excuse every time you ask us where we've been or what we've been up to! It's true.

What's unfortunate is that many of us truly, are that busy. In this country, on average we start working when we are teenagers. By the time some are in our mid to late 20's we've been part of the work force for a decade. And many of us will work until were 65. 30 year career sounds nice doesn't it? But most of us will actually work about 50 years of our lives. And we'll do this with about 1-3 weeks of vacation scattered into those years.

Why? I don't know really. We all have to work at some point or another. The alternative is being broke and homeless. So, unless that's that you want, you'll be working. In some countries the average vacation time per year is 8-12 weeks a year. The only job in the U.S. that has that kind of awesomeness is a teacher. Well, that's why I am one.

But for the other 90% of people its 1-2 weeks off a year for 40-50 years of their livelihood. I hate looking at it like that but it's the truth.

So, I guess we really are busy.

I guess the only solution is this: like what you do. And party like hell on your days off and on your vacations.

No comments:

Post a Comment