The 80's- What a Decade!!!

The 80's- What a Decade!!!
The 80's!-- What a Decade

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I'm a Man!!!

I'm very excited to announce I have two more people following my blog. Another Texan (of course)- my sister-in-law Amy. She's sweet. And a Michigan turned Las Vegan and one of my closest 'girlfriends' Kelly! Thank you ladies for joining. I appreciate the love. Mags-again- so sorry about the confusion from last week. Hopefully, it never happens again. Shame on me. I owe you a Tilt.

Anyway, on with the show.....

Ok, lately I'm a little concerned with my manhood. My hair is getting longer now. Actually, I haven't cut it since before the wedding. Erin does not like it all. I do. So, who knows? I'll cut it eventually. But as of now it's going on 8 months since my locks were chopped. I looked into donating my hair to cancer patients but it has to be at least ten inches in length to donate. Ten Inches! Could you imagine? I would be a girl. Well, the hair isn't the issue of my manhood, but my TV show watching is a ddifferent story....

Reason (TV show) 1 that I'm worried about my manhood:

I now get really excited on Mondays because of this little treat I like to call The Bacehlor. I used to love Mondays because of Monday Night Football. But now that MNF is over I still get oh so happy when I get home because I'm only a few short hours away from The Bachelor coming on the tube. I kiss my wife, play with the dogs, get on my jogging pants and then anxiously wait for the clock to strike 8:00. Bachelor time! I can't wait to see this terrible reality show about a hopeless cheese ball who is looking for love. The show is bad. Real bad. Yet I watch it religiously. The current hunk-a-licious is a dork named Jake. He's a successful, decent-looking, 31 year old pilot from Texas. Seems perfect. Except the fact that: He is lame. He is corny. He is boring. He's not a conversationalist. He tries too hard. Did I mention boring? Yes, I did. Twice. That's how boring this guy is. Honestly, he makes me want to vomit with his one-liners about love, life and passion. Yet, I'm glued to the television set and wonder who he's going to give his heart (rose) to. Pathetic.

Reason (TV show) 2 that I'm worried about my manhood:

You'd think after Monday night I'd have to wait a week- or at least a few days- to be happy? Nope. Tuesday is The Biggest Loser! Two nights in a row of happiness. What did I do to deserve this? The Biggest Loser is about a group of morbidly obese people who need to lose weight. It features a soap opera actress named Alison- who my wife has a girl crush on- but I think she's ugly, a trainer named Jillian who looks like wonder woman and looks more like a man then her counterpart- Trainer Bob. Trainer Bob is tough, yet compassionate, and he has a lot of tattoos to show America that gay men can look tough too. I commend all the conestants and I root them on like they're one of my baseball players. And sometimes I cry when it just gets too tough for them. Come on, it's hard to run a mile under an hour. The only drawback of the show is that it also serves as an advertisement campaign for 24 Hour Fitness and Subway. And no matter what Bob says, chewing a piece of gum is not a delicious treat. It does not replace a banana split.

Reason (TV show) 3 that I'm worried about my manhood:

I like watching The Jersey Shore. Have you seen this trashy, muscle-bound, fake and bake TV show on MTV? It's bad, but I enjoy it. Steroid freak Mike, I mean 'The Situation,' is the king of the morons. This show is like Real World with people that really don't have a life. If you like fake tans, sun glasses at night, people with 18 words in their vocabulary, swearing, sweaty clubs, fighting, examples of steroid users gone wrong, girls with bad make up and annoying voices, and stupid people then please check this show out. It's bad. Real bad. But, then again, who am I to judge? I watch it.


Well, luckily this Sunday is the Superbowl. Although I've thought about watching all of season two of The O.C. this Sunday, I think it's in my best interest to watch a manly game of football, drink beer, wear my jogging pants, fart, burp, and swear! Why? Because, after all, I'm a man!


On The Wings of Love....

3 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! You have inspired me to blog about the very unmanly shows I have been watching. Stay tuned for that one. The sad news is that none of my shows are your shows. We can't even plan a time to talk about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't believe I already got a mention in your blog - thanks for being kind! Anyway, had to comment on this post. Totally agree with you on all 3 shows and I watch all 3 so now we have that in common. LOL. I am still waiting for the day that they combine Biggest Loser with Survivor - it only seems like a natural combination to me...enough with the healthy diet and exercise routine. Just stick those overweight people on an island without food for 30 days and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to let it slide, but it has to be pointed out that I am one of the new followers, not Kelly. ;) I read your blogs as often as I can remember to as a way to keep up on the lives of the new Mr. and Mrs. Stafford. I also have to say that Sean and I also look forward to the Biggest Loser. Every Tuesday after a looong day of school it is our favorite thing to do. And I too cry about an average of 3-4 times each episode, it is a fabulous thing. Miss you guys and thank you for keeping me entertained with your words.

    ReplyDelete