The 80's- What a Decade!!!

The 80's- What a Decade!!!
The 80's!-- What a Decade

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Miles away from Idiots


Ok, so it's been 9 days since I last posted. Life happens, sorry. This past weekend I went to my family's cabin up in Duck Creek, UT. This place looks like a Thomas Kinkade painting. If you're not sure who that is then Google search the guy. Anyway, it is gorgeous up there! 10,000 feet up in the mountains, tons of snow, trees galore, and several miles away from idiots! We have several idiots running amuck in Vegas. Keep reading....

The other day I went to the Rampart Sports Book to place a bet. I had just came from baseball practice and I went to the window to place my bet against my home team. Yes, I bet against (or on) my team sometimes. People always get all flustered when I tell them about this. They think it's like I'm committing a sin. My response is usually "Hey, I know my team better than the average joe so I typically have a really good feeling if the Buffalo Bills will lose by only 10.5 or if the UNLV Rebels will cover on a given night. So, leave me alone!"

Anyway, I go to the window and some chubby gentleman with a large Michael Strahan gap in his teeth says to me "hey, sonny, can I see your ID." Now, I bet at this establishment all the time, and not once have I ever been called "sonny" and not once have I had to show ID. So, being polite, I say "no problem chubs" here you go... As he's eye balling my ID like Inspector Gadget I say "I'm 30 but you make me feel young, thanks...."

Chubs says to me that since I had a Bonanza sweatshirt on he just had to card me. Then I thought to myself, "oh, that's right chubs, you assumed that I was a 16 year old sophomore betting on sports on a Tuesday. And furthermore, you assumed that absolutely no adults work at high schools and no adults would wear a sweatshirt of the place where they work. Kids just go to school and educate themselves. Not one adult on site. No adults at any schools, just kids everywhere. Is that what you thought chubs?"

I wonder if Chubs would card an old lady wearing a Disney Land sweatshirt, assuming only a kid would go to a place like that. I mean that would be his logic, wouldn't it?

Well, no problem, I got to feel young again. And my new friend chubs gave me a free drink ticket so all was well. I wound up winning my bet easily that night and I realized that there are stupid people everywhere in the world. But fortunately when you go to the cabin you are miles away from them.

Hopefully there won't be a nine day lay off from my next post. Thanks for reading....

3 comments:

  1. However, Molly IS eating a tree in the picture you posted. I wouldn't say we were that far away from idiots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog...I deal with idiots everyday, and yet it never ceases to amaze me! We definitely need to make a trip to the cabin one year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! I like nicknames, and Chubs is a good one! Your blog reminded me of Corona, miles away from ordinary. Hilarious!

    I agree Daneski, we have heard a lot about this cabin and it might be time to visit!

    ReplyDelete