The 80's- What a Decade!!!

The 80's- What a Decade!!!
The 80's!-- What a Decade

Monday, August 23, 2010

Good for the Skin...

My normal summer routine is waking up at 7:36 in the morning, with the dogs, and letting them out. Actually, I wake up at 7:36 because of the dogs. I could probably sleep until 9ish but Molly won’t have that. No biggy. During the school year I’m up at 5:45 so getting up at 7:36 is really like sleeping in. I digress.

Well, this morning when I let the dogs out I noticed it was a bit humid. I looked up the weather report and the humidity was 12%. This really doesn’t constitute “humid” but for people that live in Vegas this is very moist. People from Houston, Atlanta, and Tampa would laugh at me for saying moist or humid when it's only 12%.

Now I love my wife. She loves me. But whenever I mention that it’s humid outside- followed by “I hate the humidity”- she has the same two responses. "The humidity is good for your hair. The humidity is good for your skin." Wow! Great. Thanks sweetie.

You know what? Keep your humidity! I’d rather be dry and comfortable. I’d rather not have the perpetual feeling of that just got out of the shower feeling. I’d rather not feel like my car is a sauna. I’d rather not be sweating because the trash had to go to the curb. Humidity- and places with high humidity- are no place I want to be for long periods of a time. I’d rather have dry skin and mediocre/bad hair. I’ve been living in a hot, dry climate all my life and you know what? My hair isn’t that bad and the cost of lotion has not caused me any financial distress.

My wife and I were married in Texas. We just so happened to pick a weekend when the humidity was in the 90s. I can’t lie. It was brutal. Things I didn't know: I didn’t know that toenails could produce sweat. I also didn’t know that you could soak through 4 undershirts at a single outdoor event. I didn’t know that your forehead remains shiny even when you’re indoors.
Furthermore, everyone looks like they either just got done running 6 miles or just went through intense child labor. No one looks relaxed, clean and comfortable. No one!

And when you mention this to the locals all they can do is smile and say “I know. Bad, huh?” And my response is “how/why do you live here?!”

I know it can get hot here in the desert (116 degrees), but I’ll take that heat over 90 percent humidity any day of the week. You can keep your moisture and the bugs that comes with it. I’ll keep my dry heat. Thank you very much.

Have a sweaty day...

2 comments:

  1. I could not agree with you more! I live with this humidity EVERY day....and I HATE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How in the world are you ever going to move to Texas if you keep hatin' on the humidity? Learn to love it, my friend!

    ReplyDelete