The 80's- What a Decade!!!

The 80's- What a Decade!!!
The 80's!-- What a Decade

Saturday, August 21, 2010

We Won!

I love sports. Love them. Like millions of Americans I passionately follow my favorite teams. I love the Buffalo Bills, St Louis Cardinals, UNLV athletics and since I met my wife- the Texas Aggies.

As much as I love my teams, however, I am not a “psycho” fan. Nor do I lose sleep, get nervous, or go through long bouts of depression over the outcomes of athletic events. Not worth it. Sports are entertainment, not life. So if the Buffalo Bills lose a football game it really isn’t the end of the world.

What annoys me about sports the most is seeing or running into what I like to call “psycho” fans. We’ve all seen them. Usually an overweight, balding guy in his 40’s. He has the vanity plate that say YNKEEFN along with the license plate cover. He also wears the hat and jersey and knows everything about all the players and he takes it to heart when his Yankees win or lose.

What irks me the most about these types of fans is when they refer to their favorite team as WE. I cannot stand this. But people do it all the time. And I hear it all the time. “Yeah, we lost last week to the Lions. Next week we play the Packers.” Excuse me?! No, the (insert psycho fan’s team name here) lost to the Lions. You sir had nothing to do with it. Nothing whatsoever. The only people that should use “we” in reference to a team are the actual players on that team.

This really annoys me when people do this, but they do. These “psycho” fans just don’t get it. Athletes don’t care about you or your job or your life. They don’t know who you are. So, I really think some of these fans need to tone it down a notch. Keep things in perspective. And for the love of God stop saying “we lost” or “we won” because that would mean you’re on the team. You’re not.

1 comment:

  1. We wrote a really interesting blog today...and, wait, why did you select the lions and the packers as the two teams...that leaves the bears and vikes...i don't say "we," do i?

    ReplyDelete