The 80's- What a Decade!!!

The 80's- What a Decade!!!
The 80's!-- What a Decade

Monday, August 30, 2010

Pedestrians...

I don’t know if this is a Vegas thing or a nationwide thing but what in the hell is the deal with pedestrians that have the audacity and nerve to take their time walking across the street. This is a huge pet peeve of mine. And I’ve had multiple conversations with my brother and my buddy Mike in regards to this.

I don’t mind stopping for pedestrians but some of these idiots (scumbags) take walking across the street to a whole new level. Many of them don’t use the crosswalks and I often wonder if they even care about getting hit. Perhaps one day I’ll just hit them because sometimes they make it so difficult not to plow into them and continue down the road.

Often, these individuals walk very slowly and will stare you down while you approach. They have this sense of entitlement of the streets. Cars must stop for them. Often, their pants are around their knees and you get to see their boxer shorts as they arrogantly take their time walking across the street. If you look at these individuals in the face they look right at you as if they’re willing to fight you, or fight the vehicle you’re driving. It’s really ignorant. If you honk or yell at them you’ve created a war.

You’d think these individuals would hurry across the street, you know, so they don’t get ran over. Nope. They’re never in a rush and usually enjoy the fact that you have to stop for them. I wonder if they even know that if they get hit, while not in a crosswalk, the driver is rarely held at fault. And even if the driver was held accountable they’d be dead anyway. Every time I read an article about a pedestrian getting hit I always wonder if the guy in the vehicle was a little bit like me and just had enough and conveniently just kept driving.

1 comment:

  1. I am so with you on this! It's always the big folks too...I don't care how big you are, get your butt across the stree! Man that makes me angry just thinking about it. Glad you guys feel the same way:)

    ReplyDelete