The 80's- What a Decade!!!

The 80's- What a Decade!!!
The 80's!-- What a Decade

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A new look... Shave or Move Out?




Today was shave day for my mustache. 2 days ago was shave day for my beard. Or, as better described, my best attempt at a beard. I’m kind of facial hair deprived. However, I’ve never really gone longer than 5-6 days without shaving. So this summer I gave it the ‘ol college try. I stopped shaving around father’s day and decided to see what would happen. I actually kind of enjoyed the experience. And I liked my facial hair results.

My wife, on the other hand, hated it. Guess who won? Well, I’m clean shaven as I write this blog. Wife won. She always does. Being as I had the facial hair for like 5 weeks I kind of look weird to myself now that I’m clean. I’ll get over it. I did like it though. I really, really did. And since I’ve never been a big fan of other people’s opinions of me, I wasn’t too concerned of the comments I received. I do enjoy being married, and I ultimately have to keep the wife happy, so the beard had to go. It was fun while it lasted. I enjoyed being called homeless by some of my friends, and mountain man by others.

Honestly, what it came down to, is that I just wanted to try something different for a while. It wasn’t a lifelong thing, nor was I trying to annoy my wife. I just never did it before so I thought I would. Since my dad is facial hair deficient I knew it would be a battle, but again, why not? I’m off all summer and a little pubic face never hurt anyone.

I will say this about beards: they’re cool looking but very itchy. Mustaches with a beard are fine; mustaches solo are awful. Most women don’t like beards (and not just my wife). Beards make you look older. Food gets stuck in facial hair.

But overall, I miss my beard. I want to grow it out again for the winter. So, I really hope my wife lets me... I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I didn't get to see the beard in person! If you grow another one, just make sure you shave it before you come to Texas at Christmas. Not a big fan of them - must be a Hajovsky thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get a shout out for inspiring your beard...your beard looked good, you just need to keep it primped and looking clean and justin timberlakeesque

    ReplyDelete