The 80's- What a Decade!!!

The 80's- What a Decade!!!
The 80's!-- What a Decade

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Avatar, my take....

After hearing from 12 different people I finally went and saw the movie Avatar. I saw it in 3D. It cost me 13.75 for the ticket so I wasn't too excited about that. Oh well, on with the show.... Avatar was a very solid movie. It was good. But not my type of movie. Computer graphics and digital stuff is impressive but will never be the stuff that impresses me most. The movie's story line was very good and it did remind me of the movie "Dances with Wolves" as a couple of my friends had mentioned it would.

I'm a drama guy. My wife says I like boring movies but I disagree. I have a very low suspension of disbelief, so if a movie is far-fetched or couldn't actually happen then its usually a movie I can wait to rent from Redbox. I like movies with characters I can relate to, which is why I didn't like the Matrix or Lord of the Rings. I like true stories about real people. Reality is more impressive than fiction- again, my opinion. Avatar is a really good movie, I did enjoy it, but I will not be seeing it again, buying the DVD, or dressing up as an Avatar for halloween. James Cameron's greatest achievement is Terminator 2. That's one of my exceptions for the suspension of disbelief, things that can actually happen, rule.

Oh, and my dog, Molly, had doggy diarrhea last night. Other than your house being robbed, your wife sleeping with your neighbor, or your house being on fire, that might be the worst thing to walk in on when coming back to your house. I don't wish that odor on my own worst enemy.

Oh and in case you're wondering, and for your your consideration, check these movies out (they are all better than Avatar)-

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Cool Hand Luke
The Shawshank Redemption
Stand By Me
A Beautiful Mind
The Princess Bride
Brave Heart
Jaws
Cindarella Man
Deliverance
The Hurricane
A River Runs Through It
The Departed
Gladiator
Crash
Dances With Wolves
Field of Dreams

As far as comedies are concerned- Fletch, Uncle Buck, Dumb and Dumber, Old School, etc.


I will post another blog when I feel like it.....

1 comment:

  1. A River Runs Through It and Field of Dreams are two of my favorite movies. Just thought I would throw that in and let you know I was reading. Blog buddies! (or something not near that nerdy)

    ReplyDelete