The 80's- What a Decade!!!

The 80's- What a Decade!!!
The 80's!-- What a Decade

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Morning

My friend Mike's reaction to my blog was that I need a beer.  Well, that's probably an accurate reaction because I haven't had a beer in 28 days.  I'm not quitting, just taking a break.  I really enjoy beer, and wine, and a jaeger bomb now and then, or a vodka tonic, but sometimes I like taking a break and drinking a few O'douls.  It is what it is.  

I thought this was funny.... My wife and I were on the way to the sports book to place bets for her dad.  Quick note on that- My father-in-law lives in Texas.  He has it made though.  He has a personal sports bookie.  All he has to do is text us and like mice we run to the bank, get his cheese, and place his bets.  The life!

Anyway, we were on the way to the book and we see a 45,000 dollar car next to us and inside the car the Pittsburgh Steelers team shop blew up inside. Everywhere.  Any possible way to make this car look more tacky this couple had it covered.  The woman was wearing Steeler Football player earrings that were a good 6 inches long.  They both had on hats I wouldn't give away.  They had stickers, of course, and Steelers dice hangin from the rear-view mirror.  Madness.  I love the NFL, I love the Buffalo Bills, and I love sports in general.  But they are what they are.  No sports team or game is ever going to change my life.  The Bills Organization has never paid my mortgage, or ever called me on the phone, has never picked up my bar tab, and not one representative was at my wedding.  So, with that, I try to keep that in perspective when watching sports.  

I'll be back....

No comments:

Post a Comment