The 80's- What a Decade!!!

The 80's- What a Decade!!!
The 80's!-- What a Decade

Monday, December 28, 2009

Fantasy Football

Yesterday was a sad day for me because my fantasy football season came to an end. I was the two-time defending champ and I lost in the second round of the playoffs to my friend Mike. Mike is one of my best friends so it was a hard pill to swallow. Beating him would have made me feel happiness like when I felt when Zack and Kelly tied the knot on Saved by the Bell.

The irony of it all is that my team this year was my best team ever in fantasy football but I still lost. My team's that won the championships the last 2 years weren't nearly as good as this year's team, but as fate would have it, it wasn't our year. The Mighty Shawnacies (my team) struck out.

What is the big craze about fantasy football? I have no idea, but I LOVE it. I don't play any other fantasy games but when it comes to fantasy football I'm all business. It's the best. I've been playing FF for 15 years now, and it truly is the best. I didn't play football growing up but it is by far my favorite sport and part of that is because of FF. Do I sound pathetic? Yes, but for those of you who participate in FF leagues, you understand me.

Let me give you an example,,,My brother Justin isn't a sports fanatic but his girlfriend is, and she got him into a fantasy football league this year. And my brother, who until 4 months ago, didn't watch football and could care less about it, was calling me and asking me if he should start Steve Slaton or Fred Jackson. He really got into it, and to witness my brother researching pass defenses in the NFL, was something that made me laugh. It was a wonderful thing, the power of FF.... Thank you Fantasy Football....

The competitiveness, the smack talking, the importance of each game, the money involved, the entertainment, the draft in August, etc. are all the things that make FF such an exciting hobby. If I was drinking beer I would make a toast to the guy who invented FF. Thank you for that guy.

1 comment:

  1. Proudly raise your O'Douls and give a hell yeah to Fantasy Football. I have never played, but maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete