The 80's- What a Decade!!!

The 80's- What a Decade!!!
The 80's!-- What a Decade

Monday, May 24, 2010

Seattle!

So, I was in Seattle this past weekend. But before that- a shout out to Dana! The beautiful Dana turns 30 this week. Wednesday she hits the big 3-0! And she's still sexy. Drink a Tilt, Dana. Congrats! And a yippee yahooooo to Kelly Carque and her unborn baby. Kelly’s looking delicious ☺ Keep eatin’ those bomb pops!

I went up to the glorious Pacific NW with my little brother Sean and his girlfriend Kayla. They’re a blast and we had a great time. Seattle as a whole was amazing. It lived up to the hype! Kelly and my wife told me all about Seattle and said how awesome it is. And I’ve always heard that this place was right up D’s alley. Oh, it was… This place is famous for coffee, beer, music and fish. Well, considering those are 4 of my favorite things on Earth, this was a great trip. I drank lots of beers from several breweries. The local beer “Manny’s” was my absolute favorite. And I had coffee every morning. I ate Clams and Mussels at a place called “Cutters” and they were to die for! I walked up to that big needle “stratosphere look-a-like” thingy and decided paying 20 dollars to go up wasn’t worth it so I left with a picture. It's ugly.

I absolutely loved the Public Market. It was MY favorite part of the trip. Hundreds of people selling crap no one will ever need for prices that should be illegal... There was an Asian guy selling knives made out of fossils or bones or dinosaur crap for like 100-200 bucks each. There was an obese lady selling beaded necklaces with inspirational quotes like “believe” for way too much money. There was a middle-aged woman who probably took me for way too much cash when she sold me a sterling silver necklace made by her husband in their backyard. Who knows? I bought it and my wife loved it! There was harry, homeless looking people playing music. There were people dancing. People smiling. People taking pictures, people painting. Kids crying, the smell of fish in the air everywhere, coffee brewing, duck tours rollin around, and all sorts of fun. It kind of reminded me of one of those 1970s Coke commercials.

We were able to catch a Seattle Mariners game and that was fun because as bad as the Mariners are, they actually won the game. They are a sad team. I understand now why the Supersonics left town.

It rained all 3 days I was there- loved that! The people were nice, even the homeless people. I met a lady who admitted to me she had a crack habit and that she was going to move to Las Vegas as soon as her parole was up. Not making that up. That was a fun conversation.

Well, the summer is almost here, so I will have more time to blog. Until the next one, thanks for reading girls- and boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment