The 80's- What a Decade!!!

The 80's- What a Decade!!!
The 80's!-- What a Decade

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Caballeros



The other night I went out with my brother to a Mexican Restaurant. His girlfriend works at the bar so we had some drinks. All in all it was a swell time. As a few drinks became a few more drinks I had to do my business. My bladder is not one of my strong suits. It’s small and must be emptied frequently. It’s a pain in the butt, but what can you do?

So I go make my way to the bathroom. It’s a darker restaurant, which I like, but I had a tough time finding the little boys room. Also keep in mind I had a few brews too. As with many establishments out there, the theme of the restaurant has to be 100% loyal to the particular theme. I cannot stand this.

So, in this case- Mexican. So, the owners really want you to feel like your in Mexico, as if labeling the restroom in Spanish will somehow make me forget that I’m on the Las Vegas Strip. Hey, whatever. I mean really if they wanted to make it authentic they should never clean the restroom and let people piss in holes in the dirt covered ground. And they should have a little girl sell you Chicklets gum when you leave the bathroom. Then I might think I’m in Tijuana, Mexico. Right?

And another thing- have you ever gone to a restaurant- or NOT gone to a restaurant- because of how their bathrooms are labeled? Yeah, didn’t think so…

I mean can WE not call the bathroom, well, THE BATHROOM. And we can’t possibly label them men’s and women’s. Again, I hate this. I really do. Twice in my life, because of this, I have entered the wrong bathroom. It’s not my fault. Sorry, I didn’t know ‘Caballeros’ mean’s this is where I have to go pee pee since I’m a boy.

Why can’t we just leave the bathroom’s alone? Just Men’s/Women’s or Gentleman/Ladies or even Penis/Vagina will suffice. Really it’s quite annoying.

Do you know what ‘toilette degli uomini’ means? I do. And do you know why? Because when I had to use the bathroom at a Macroni Grill I learned it means Men’s Restroom. This annoying establishment takes it to a whole new level. They teach you Italian while you’re doing your business. Now that’s just insulting, isn’t it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment