The 80's- What a Decade!!!

The 80's- What a Decade!!!
The 80's!-- What a Decade

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

PayLess Pizza 'n' Ribs- Really?

The other day I had to take my wife to the dentist. Isn’t that always fun. I always feel guilty going to the dentist. I rarely go every six months and I don’t floss every day like I should. I’m sneaky, though, I floss everyday for the two weeks leading up to my appointment. It’s worked so far because in thirty years I’ve never had a cavity. But for some reason every time I get in that chair and wait for Dr. Toothy I always get nervous. I feel like a kid. I don’t know what it is. Maybe it’s because it brings back memories of when I actually went to the dentist twice a year. Who knows?

My wife’s dentist office isn’t in the best area. When I left the office I noticed one of the funniest named restaurants I have ever seen in my life. This place was called PayLess Pizza ‘n’ Ribs. I am not making this up for comedic dramadic purposes. I am serious, no joke. I mean where do I begin with this?

First off, who decides to sell pizza and ribs together? When ordering a pizza have you ever said to yourself... well, give me some sloppy ribs with that pizza! Probably not. Ribs and pizza? What an interesting combo?

If you were taking a test and the question was: What would you order with Pizza?
The possible answers would be:
a) garden salad b) chicken wings c) chicken fingers d) cheesy breadsticks e) BBQ ribs

What answer would you select? A-D are all acceptable answers. E- hhhmmm, doesn’t quite fit does it?

And if pizza and ribs isn’t odd enough the owner thought naming his joint "PayLess" would just bring them in in droves.

PayLess Shoes- Acceptable. Payless Auto Parts- Acceptable. PayLess Pizza n Ribs- Unacceptable.

By saying “payless” what are you really saying about your product? I’ll tell ya…Our product is OK,mediocre, not top of the line, cheaply made, but hey, you’ll pay a little less than our competition. Just try it.

Well, Is this really what you want to say about your pizza? Or about your ribs? Bargain pizza and ribs. I guess you can’t fault the owner for trying to be unique. He was thinking… hey, there aren’t too many shops that sell pizza and ribs together and do it at a fair price. Let’s do it!

Well, I’m not sure how this place does, but if you ever want to go just let me know. I’d like my first time to be with one of my Blogollowers…

Thanks for reading…

2 comments:

  1. I'll tell you who wants to eat pizza and ribs. The same people who like chicken and waffle joints. They're called Canadians. On a related note, this blogollower would love to try it out with you. Maybe in late July?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we can we also go back to the wing joint that had the butt burners? i am sure cole is dying to try those as well!

    ReplyDelete