The 80's- What a Decade!!!

The 80's- What a Decade!!!
The 80's!-- What a Decade

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Not a disease....

I've touched on this subject before but I'll do it again because last night I saw another show about an abnormally huge person. Fat doesn't even cover it. You ever see those shows where there’s a man- or woman- who is so large, so obese, they can’t leave their bed? Like the “1200 pound man” or “800 pound woman” or something along those lines. It’s sad really. These people haven’t just merely put on a little holiday weight, or had a bad year, or don’t like exercise. Basically these people have just done nothing but eat, eat, eat for a number of years, years, years. I feel bad for them but what I can’t stand is that these so-called experts call it a disease. Obesity is NOT a disease. Eating food is not something that you become addicted to. I don’t buy it. It’s an excuse. Just like calling alcoholism a disease. It’s not. I’m sorry, but it’s a choice. Your body doesn’t need 12000 calories in a day. Your body doesn’t need to eat an 11-egg omelet, a pound of bacon, and a half loaf of toast in the morning. Calling “being fat” a disease is just an excuse. I hope that all obese people get help, get healthy, and lose the weight but let’s stop calling it a disease, please!

1 comment:

  1. Please tell me you watched the Ricky Gervais special with Erin? He does a whole segment on fat being a "disease." Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete