The 80's- What a Decade!!!

The 80's- What a Decade!!!
The 80's!-- What a Decade

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fam

For all 5 people (my wife Erin, Mike, Cole, Dana and the beautiful Margaret!) that read my blog you know that I mostly blog about funny stuff that I come across in my life.  Pretty soon I need to blog about Jersey Shore because there’s so much material there.   Give me time, I will.  But today I wanted to blog about family.  A couple weeks ago my little sister gave birth to a boy.  So this makes me an Uncle.  Pretty cool!  Uncle D!  I think I’ll make a good Uncle, although I’m not sure what that entails. Fat checks in birthday cards is a good start, so I’ll make sure I do that. 
I come from a really good family.  We’re not perfect but Idon’t think any family is.  My dad is a wonderful guy who is a great example of a human being.  When God made fathers I think he was shooting for guys like my old man. My step-mom is a lovely lady too. A very strong woman who does so much for our family that it makes me very happy that she’s in my life. 
My brother Jud is a genius.  He knows everything about everything.  He could talk to a stranger about popsicles for 2 hours. He’s a year younger than me but much smarter.  I don’t think we look alike at all but that’s OK. He’s one of my best friends and I’m so glad we’re close because not all brothers are.  We have the best younger brother in Sean (Seanie, pronounced ‘shonny’).  He’s short but other than that he’s a perfect specimen.  Jud and I have bad teeth. Sean’s are white, straight and perfect.  Jud and I have brown eyes, of course Sean’s are as blue as the ocean.  Jud and I have round faces. Sean has a chiseled jaw-line. Jud and I are soft around the belly. Sean has a 29” waist.  And as good looking as he is, he’s an even better person.  He’s got a big heart and is an awesome young man. My little sister, Arielle (the new mommy), will always be a princess in my eyes.  I remember when she was a baby.  She was so damn cute. She still is.  I don’t get to see her as often as I’d like but I love her just the same.  Amy is the youngest and she’s a sweetie.  I think she sometimes thinks I don’t care about her but it’s not true. She’s a great girl.  Calvinis my step-brother.  He takes “smart” to a whole new level.  He goes to George Washington and he’ll most likely graduate at the top of his class.  He’ll be very successful in whatever he pursues and I just hope he remembers me. He’s a great young man with a bright future. 

So that’s my immediate family.  My in-laws- and I’m not just saying this- are awesome as well! My wife is an incredible lady. Beautiful, tall, skinny, great sense of humor (seriously, she’s funny), perfect teeth, likes sports, likes betting, etc. I mean, I really lucked out.  The only thing I need from her to complete the 'perfect wife' is to get her to join a Fantasy Football League, ha ha. But I have to attribute some of this to where she comes from.  Her parents did a wonderful job!  She’sawesome!

Well, this blog was a little different from my normal ones. I'll get back to funny next time. Until then I leave you with this recomendation: look up the song "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnificent Zeros. You'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment