The 80's- What a Decade!!!

The 80's- What a Decade!!!
The 80's!-- What a Decade

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

South of the Border

Have you seen the new Taco Bell commercial? I'm sure you have because like most national spots for big companies it gets played at nauseum like a ka-billion times and it's hard to miss unless you're Amish and don't have a TV.

For example, how annoying are those Free Credit Report commercials? You know, the ones where that shaggy-haired moron is singing how his credit is whack and then free credit report. com helped him or whatever. So bad.

Anyway, the new Taco Bell (TB) commercial I'm talking about is where that mid 30 year old guy comes into a TB and requests to see the girl he ordered this amazing 89 cent cheesy, beefy, glorious burrito the other day. We're supposed to believe that he believes she gave this douche bag the deal and no one else knows about it. Like he got the hook up. Dynamite advertising Taco Bell! I'm sure that will make the top 10 best commercial list of all-time.

Anyway, the thing that makes me laugh- and my wife even noticed this- is have you seen this chick (and the chick in the background) that supposedly works at this Taco Bell? She's beautiful. And so is the girl in the background. I've never in a million years been to a TB and seen the counter girls look like this. Usually, it's, well, let's be honest, an overweight pimply-faced teenage boy. Or the tattooed up, I just got out of the penitentary, this is my first job, I hate my life, ex-convict. Or the 58 year old Indian woman who can't speak a lick of English but keeps smiling at you so you don't get mad at her and throw your Nachos Bell Grande at her. Never have I gone to TB and spent 6 dollars on 8,000 calories of cheese and garbage and given my money to a girl that could have starred in The O.C.

So, next time I want TB and their execs to get an actor that really catches the spirit of a TB employee. I want the actor to be at least 30-40 years of age and really look the part of someone who: really wishes they finished high school, or made better life choices, or employed a work ethic earlier in life, or didn't committ a crime, etc. Basically someone who hates the fact that they're working at a Taco Bell, because that's a TB employee!

No comments:

Post a Comment