The 80's- What a Decade!!!

The 80's- What a Decade!!!
The 80's!-- What a Decade

Monday, January 18, 2010

Hoarders....Keepin Krap

Have you seen this new show on A&E called Hoarders? Well, if you haven't, then check it out immediately! It's crazy. Basically, it's a show about real people who hoard things. They simply cant throw away anything! Now, I'm not talking about a little extra crap around the house. I'm not talking about too many cans in the pantry. These poor people take it to a whole new level. Tons and tons of crap- EVERYWHERE! It's disgusting, disturbing, filthy but most of all- sad. These people have a mental disorder that won't let them throw away a cup of yogurt from 1991. Oh man. I was watching it this morning and this lady, and I quote, said "I don't see why I have to throw away my old sour cream? I mean, it's already sour, so what's going to happen to it?" I swear I am not making this up. This same lady had 3 pieces of duct tape on her freezer door. Why, you ask? So she could tape her door shut because it was loaded with so much crap! She had meat in there that came from a butcher who probably retired in the 80's. There was another episode where this old man had collected like 200+ cars. He even had an old school bus in his collection. Really, dude? Did any of these cars work? Of course not. He was saving them so he could get money from the junk metal and his plan was to give the money to his grand kids. It was so sad when they finally told him he had to clean up his crap. He started crying. So did I.

Anyway, you should check this show out. I am not exaggerating. It's truly unbelievable. These people are truly suffering. I thought my wife was bad for saving some of the stuff she does (power bill receipts from when she was in college, empty shoe boxes, old 'losing' sports bet tickets, clothes that don't fit, etc.) but after seeing this show I realize my wife doesn't have a problem. Well, not yet anyway :) I mean, I guess hoarders started somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment