The 80's- What a Decade!!!

The 80's- What a Decade!!!
The 80's!-- What a Decade

Monday, January 11, 2010

Pain Scale

Well, Saturday evening was an interesting night. I got bit on the lip by my buddy's dog. 2 hours in the emergency room and 5 stitches in my lip and I was on my home at 2:00. No Del Taco for me :( I don't have any ill-will towards the dog but this definitely doesn't help our relationship. KC (female mastiff) is an aggressive dog as it is so I shouldn't have gotten too close. She will not have any milk bones in her stocking from Santa in 2010.

When the doctor saw me at 1 a.m. I was pretty bloody and had an ice pack on my lip. He asked me the most asinine question I've ever heard: On a scale from 1-10 what is your pain level? Is this not the stupidest question ever? I mean, really, what do you say to that?

I said well, uh, 6.5. I mean, again, what the heck do you say to that? If you say I'm a '10' does that mean you're near death and they call a priest? If you say '2' does the doctor say, "Really? Well, why are you in here then? Here's an asprin now go on home an don't waste our time, jerk!" If you say you're a 4 do they say "well, go go home and come back when it gets to around 7, because that's not enough pain to treat you."

So, I thought about it, and said "6, no no, 6.5. I'm a solid 6, doc. Now stick a needle in my lip and numb me up and put some stitches in my mouth so I can put an end to this stupid night." Actually, I didn't say that but I felt like it. He gave me medication and told me to make sure I eat with the medication. I took the medication in the morning, but the problem is that I can't eat much because it takes 42 minutes to eat a slice of bread. So I ate the bread, and then took the pills. Well, they made me nauseous as all hell and so began my 6 hours of throwing up. Not fun. Oh well. It made for an interesting night.

1 comment:

  1. Stop kissing the dogs! They don't like it! Seriously though, 6.5? I threw my head back and laughed my ass off when I read that! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete