The 80's- What a Decade!!!

The 80's- What a Decade!!!
The 80's!-- What a Decade

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mac Wrap

Wow, what a boring weekend of playoff football. I can't remember ever seeing such boring games throughout the playoffs. With the exception of last week's GB v. Arizona game this year's NFL playoffs have been awful. No excitement, no overtimes, no fun! Oh well, what can you do? I like the Colts vs. Saints in the Super Bowl but don't bet on that. I went 1-3 this weekend in my own bets. I suck.

My buddy Mike texted me today and asked me if I had come across the new McDonald's commercials advertising this new Mac Wrap. Only a buck and some change! Hurry! I told him, yes, of course I've seen the ads because I'm not blind and deaf and they run at nauseum every hour of the day. I wonder how much McD's spends in ads per year? If it was in the billions it wouldn't surprise me. And with the thousands of commercials that McD's runs per year I can't ever remember liking one, thinking one was funny, or seeing their food and thinking how delicious it is, because it isn't. It's terrible. McDonald's ad dollars don't work on me. They might as well take the money allotted for me and give it to Budweiser because the only time McDonald's sounds good to me is when I'm drunk from too many Bud Lights. I mean really the only thing you are guaranteed of in a McDonald's commercial is that there will be one black person, one hispanic, an asian, a corny white kid and half of them will be females. And everyone in the commercial is skinny and when they're eating the food it looks like they're eating little pieces of heaven. Makes you sick, huh? McD's doesn't dare offend any race, religion or sex. Oh no!

Just one time I wish they would put 'actual' customers in their spots. That would be so awesome! I mean, you wouldn't want to see a 300+ pound lady eating a 10 piece nugget for an appetizer, then having a double QPer with a side of fries for her entree, while washing it down with 40 ounces of Coke? That wouldn't make you hungry?!

Well their new baby is the Mac Wrap. The genius gourmet chefs at McD's are insulting Americans by saying, "Hey, you guys are dumb! We're going to take the ingredients of a Big Mac, dice it up a bit, and replace the bun with a tortilla. We're going to call it healthy, delicious, and most importantly- a wrap! We're going to price it under 2 bucks and everyone who eats this fast food miracle will be so happy! And since we've called it a wrap we firmly believe that you, the stupid consumer, will think it's healthy. Now, never mind the burger patty in it is loaded in sodium and grease. Never mind the yellow Mac sauce that's in it is probably about 400 calories. Just remember- It's a 'wrap'. It's very good. And cheap. Eat it!" I wonder if they're catering to health nuts or mexican people? Or maybe McD's is catering to both and that's the genius behind this stupid food creation?

In any case, I'm still hoping Mickey D's will bring back the McPizza. They had it when I was a kid and it was delicious. It was like a 5" pizza. And like with all McD's food they added a "Mc" to it and voila! it's a McPizza. Anyhoo, it was good.

Until then, I'll have to be thankful that the McRib is back. Hopefully, it's here to stay. It's pretty good.

I'm lovin' it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment